Sunday, July 21, 2013

20,000 Views

Numbers don't mean anything.

...ok, yes they do.

This blog recently passed the 20,000 views mark. I have no idea if that's fast, slow, good or bad. I'm not comparing the blog to other blogs, I'm just comparing it to my own expectations. And 20,000 views is a lot higher than what I expected at this point.

I'm happy about this. Especially since the last few months have been...umm, difficult.

See, I'm a single dad (long story) of three FREAKING WILD kids. I'm outnumbered, outgunned and I'm a sucker for watching Harry Potter with my Red-Haired, Freckle Faced 10-year-old daughter and her blue eyes...so there goes my only available 2 hours of free time every day.

If I had the time, I'd read a book every two days and review it on this blog. It's fun to me. I like interacting with all of you because you make me laugh, and I love the stories that are YA lit. Maybe it's because I'm immature, or maybe it's because I lived and worked with all those teenagers for so many years. I don't know.

I basically just wanted to say "thanks" to all of you who have supported a REAL MAN reading and reviewing YA Lit. I think the world is missing out by passing over these amazing stories.

I have a manuscript out floating around in the world of agents. No takers yet, but quite a few requests. I hope someone picks it up. If you laugh at this blog, I promise you will laugh at my book. It's some funny shit, yo. Time will tell.

In the meantime, I'm outlining and have started to write a not-so-funny story about a very serious issue. I look forward to making people feel uncomfortable about something they know is happening but choose to ignore (I'm not talking about any of you, I'm talking about them). Don't get me started...

Ok, peeps, I'm out.

Thanks for your support! I have a couple of books sitting here that I need to finish so I can review. And, I have about  10000000000000000000 books on my list, so the reviews will keep coming.

Stay at it and don't quit. Keep reading and writing. You should get up at 4 a.m. like I do so I have someone to say hi to on Twitter before I start writing/reading. :)

Thanks to my good friend and critique partner Jolene Haley for all her support. She's the best muggle, ever.

Jessica Alba and Veronica Rossi are still hot (I just feel the need to declare that to the world).

Also, for those of you who "get me," I'm on a five day Chipotle streak.

There are no signs of this streak ending.









16 comments:

  1. WOOT. 20000 views is epic! And I get up at 4. We just don't chat :(

    Yay on finishing that book! And getting requests! You can never get tired of requests. If you ever need another set of eyes going over your work, let me know :D

    Also, taking care of three kids all alone? I can't even imagine. I'm the oldest and four, and with BOTH my parents here, I still feel like I'm dying with my siblings running around. Asma's pretty awesome, but she's still 12.

    Now that I've rambled for a bit, I'll stop. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm totally looking for you at 4 a.m. :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on over 20,000 views! That's amazing. Your blog definitely deserves it - I love reading your posts.

    I can barely take care of my boyfriend and our cat, so I applaud you for being a single dad of three kids, and somehow still managing to find time to read and and write and blog. Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, sir, both on the 20K views and the (very enviable) Chipotle streak. I'm a big fan of Real Men Read YA, and I look forward to many more reviews from you in the future. Best of luck with the querying, and the writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, that is a great accomplishment :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your attitude and your sense of humor! Keep it up!
    -Amy in Atlanta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! 20,000 is amazing. And I'm super jealous of all the Chipotle. I don't have any near me since I can't have nice things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I'm sorry about the Chipotle problem. Also, we can't be friends anymore. :)

      Delete
  7. I have a feeling you might be trying to win 20 years worth of free burritos. I'm pretty sure you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As the (married) mother of three, including a red-headed 6-year-old, I salute you. My husband and I both love the blog. Congrats on the views, and great good luck with the ms!

    ReplyDelete