Monday, January 28, 2013

It's Been a Glorious Month!

Today marks the one-month anniversary of Real Mean Read YA.

And after one month I can say with confidence that I don't have a freaking clue what I'm doing.

I wanted to congratulate everyone for being groovy.  Everyone has been friendly, encouraging, and has welcomed me into the consuming world of YA book blogging with open brains.

I've enjoyed communicating with all you cool bloggers, agents, and authors.

I've read ten books so far this year and hope to keep up that pace.  The only thing that might hold me back from my 2013 reading goal of 100 books is if I go on a Harry Potter movie marathon binge.

Three Things I've Noticed This Month

1. Most YA authors are friendly and seem sincerely grateful for their fans.

2. Most agents are helpful and encouraging to aspiring authors.  I found this to be refreshing.  I think agents get attacked daily with the same questions and tweets and emails that they continually ask people to not send.  If I was an agent, I'd be a werewolf agent.  Then, when I ate the people that contacted me via Twitter with their pitch, I wouldn't feel bad (I'm not sure if all werewolves are the same, but I'd be the Lupin kind.  You know, the kind where you're not responsible for what you do when there's a full moon).

3. Nerdy book girls are hot.


I'll be pushing hard the next few weeks to finish a revision of this story thing I've been working on for just under a year now.  That might affect the number of blog posts I make in February, but probably not.  

You should all follow my BFF (Best Farting Friend) @jolenehaley  She's a genius and helps me figure out really hard things like what adverbs are and how letters go together to make words, etc.

Make sure to say hi to me on Twitter from time to time.  That makes me feel happy.


9 comments:

  1. Congrats on the blogoversary! I've enjoyed reading your posts, and I hope that your love for reading YA and the YA lit community stays strong :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on a great first month! I really enjoy your posts. You know, if you were to add the widget that allows email subscriptions for the likes of lazy folks like me, that would be extremely handsome of you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll speak to my head of house about the email thing.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on one month! I love your blog and sense of humor. And hopefully your influence will get more REAL MEN reading YA.

    And yes, I'm surprised at how friendly agents are too... they get a TON of repeat questions. I don't think I'm hairy enough to be a werewolf agent... So I'd probably be a She-Hulk. HULK SMASH!

    And yes, nerdy book girls are most definitely hot!

    Lauren @ Hughes Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the blogoversary Aaron! You've done amazing things. You really are my favorite interweb reviewer. You are a champion and a scholar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Finally someone who understands Nerdy book girls ;)

    I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post made me laugh! Werewolf agent, I love it! Glad to have you in the blogosphere Aaron :D

    ReplyDelete